Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Broken Church Building and a Mexican Beach

DSCN2228  

We were in Lagos last weekend to visit some of Abigail’s family and to go to a church that Paul was preaching at on that day.  The church we went to was half demolished because the government is widening the highway and needs 65 feet of land on either side of the highway the whole length of the road to do so.  Half of the church building is on some of that land and the people who own the church have been slowly dismantling it before the bulldozers come in so they can keep some of the building supplies.  A lot of the churches we have been to here have a slogan for every year, it’s really cool and I think it’s something Living Hope should adopt as well.

DSCN2246DSCN2247

After church we headed for our very first African beach!  The beach was beautiful.  It felt like we stepped out of Africa into Mexico.  Paul ordered lunch and 30 minutes later a big plate showed up with a whole BBQ’d fish and some fries.  They didn’t have any utensils so we all dug into the fish and chips with our hands.  The food was excellent and fish reminded me of being at my parents house and having some delicious BBQ’d salmon that my dad prepared.

DSCN2267DSCN2279

Abigail and Lisa are both at the secondary school this week teaching biology together and I’m waiting for some software to come in to the library so I can start networking all the computers together.  I hope the software gets here soon so I can get it all set up before we come home.

Oh and I almost forgot… We found a rat in Abigail’s room 2 nights ago and we managed to “get rid of it.”  It’s a funny story and it’s best when Abigail tells it, so I’ll leave it up to her.

Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment